WORKPLACED is a job creation project placing individuals into paid work placements with local businesses where they will receive experience and training leading to permanent job outcomes.
Below are a few key pointers about our new wage subsidy scheme which is called WORKPLACED and covers the counties of: Anglesey, Gwynedd, Denbighshire and Conwy.
Menter Môn are the deliverers for the scheme, which is part funded by the Welsh Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA) via EU grants.
1. Based on a rate of £8.91 per hour paid to the participant, the scheme gives businesses a 50% contribution to a participant’s wage. (which equals a subsidy of up to £1853 per person)
2. The business can have a person on the scheme for a period of either:
20 hours per week for 16 weeks
3. To qualify participants on the scheme must be 25 or over and NOT currently in employment. (Certain other conditions may apply depending upon the persons circumstances, which we can discuss with you in more detail)
4. The business can pay the person more than the hourly rate and employ them for more hours. However, any additional hours or monies will be paid directly by business to the participant through a separate arrangement and will not form any part of this scheme.
5. There is a small grant for training and work clothing available to each candidate, which includes 3 online training courses.
6. This scheme does not apply to anyone already employed by your business, so please contact us BEFORE you take them on.
Please note places will be provided with the understanding that there will be a permanent position within the business at the end of the placement period.
Also, as far as the business is concerned, there is no paperwork or forms to complete, we handle all paperwork, contracts and HR matters directly with the participant.
If you have identified someone who you would like to work within your business and feel may fit the above criteria, please contact us below for a further chat and more details.
Employment Officer for Businesses in Anglesey and Gwynedd
Phone 07917 155 955 / E-mail Julie@mentermon.com
Employment Officer for Businesses in Conwy & Denbighshire
Phone 07881 873 087 / E-mail Rachel@mentermon.com
***This scheme will come to an end June 2022***